Tuesday, July 19, 2011

What phones have you had?

Just how we reminisce about the PCs we've had, we eventually will look back at the cell phones we've used over the years. Here is my list:




Nokia 6210 - 2003 - hand-me-down from my Dad. Near indestructible. Eventually got stolen


Nokia 6600 - 2005 - bought it cash for about R1500. Really usefull phone, and I still have it.


HTC TYTN II - 2008 - got it when I joined MTN. Really nice phone. The screen cracked when I sat on it :)

Nokia E71 - 2008 - used it only for a few months. One of the best business phone around



Nokia N85 - 2009 - bought it for my wife, but had to use it for a few months. It was OK.


HTC Dream (G1) - 2009 - The first Android phone, not bad even to this day. I still have it



HTC Desire - 2010 - 1 year old, and love it







Samsung Galaxy Pocket Plus (S5301) - 2013 - the best budget Android 4.x phone I could find. Impressive for its size.

iPhone 4 - 2014. This was a hand me down from my Dad. After using an android for so long, it took a while to get used to Apple. I didn't really enjoy it, but I like to sync with iTunes on my Mac

Sony Xperia M4 Aqua - 2015. At this point I decided to but mid range phones only. It's simple not worthwhile to pay top dollar for a thing as perishable as a phone. I enjoyed the user experience on the Sony. A really good phone, with Android 5. The only major downside was the limited 8GB storage, which meant I could only install a few apps before it ran out. There was no support for it with CyanogenMod. 

Huawei P10 lite - 2017. I just got this now, and I'm enjoying it. Running Android 7, it has a fingerprint scanner, which make unlocking so much easier.



No comments: